The special people who are entrusted with nurturing and honouring the Human Animal Bond, are extremely vulnerable to distress, burnout, anxiety and depression.
In Australia, every 12 weeks a veterinarian will commit suicide.
This crisis is affecting
• Experienced Veterinarians
• New Veterinary Graduates
• Veterinary Undergraduates
• Veterinary Nurses
• Veterinary Technicians
• Animal Attendants
• Shelter And Rescue Group Workers
• Funeral/ Aftercare Crematorium Carers
• Pharmaceutical Company employees
Many of us have already been seriously affected and touched by mental illness and the suicide of family, friends and colleagues, and sincerely wish that we could have done something to help or even to prevent it happening.
The situation is complex and needs to be discussed.